- Annual Competition – Register Early
- Competition Date – April 30th, 2017 (starts at 1pm)
- Ages – 5 – 18 years old
- Repertoire – 1 piece/movement – level appropriate (up to 10 min)
- To be considered for prize placement… contestants must perform from memory & play piece in it’s entirety
- Application Fee – $35 (pay here)
- Time slots are given only after Application Fee is paid
- Accompanist Fee – $50 (if needed)
- Performances must be accompanied by participant’s choice of accompanist or an AMI accompanist, unless piece is an unaccompanied solo work
- Application deadline April 15th, 2017
Prize and Awards:
- 1st Prize – $400
- 2nd Prize – $125
- 3rd Prize – $75
Competition Address – AMI’s Downers Grove Campus -1032 Maple Ave in Downers Grove, IL (inside First United Methodist Church). After registration, there are no refunds for cancellation or no-shows, and no competition times will be held before registration and registration fee is received.
Note: All prize winners must perform in order to receive prize and awards at the AMI Violin Competition – Memorial Winners Concert on May 20th, 2017 at 2pm. Laureates are also invited to perform at the Memorial Concert. Concert will be held at AMI’s Clarendon Hills Campus.
NOTE: If registration fee is not received within 1 (one) week of submitting online registration, time slot will be voided.
+ View past competition winners and laureates, click here….