Congratulations to the Winners and Laureates of the 2016 AMI National Violin Solo Competition…
- 1st Prize – $400 – Joshua Brown
- 2nd Prize – $125 – Anya Brumfield
- 3rd Prize – $75 – Sophie Lekas
- Justin Lee
- Kaylee Kim
- Linda Wang
Note: All prize winners must perform in order to receive prize and awards at the AMI National Violin Competition – Memorial Winners Concert on May 22nd at 2pm. Laureates are also invited to perform at the Memorial Concert. Concert will be held at AMI’s Clarendon Hills Campus.
- Annual Competition – Register Early
- Competition Date – May 1st, 2016
- Ages – 5 – 18 years old
- Repertoire – 1 piece/movement – level appropriate (up to 10 min)
- To be considered for prize placement… contestants must perform from memory & play piece in it’s entirety
- Application Fee – $35 (pay here)
- Time slots are given only after Application Fee is paid
- Accompanist Fee – $35 (if needed)
- Performances must be accompanied by participant’s choice of accompanist or an AMI accompanist, unless piece is an unaccompanied solo work
- Application deadline April 29th, 2016
Prize and Awards:
- 1st Prize – $400
- 2nd Prize – $125
- 3rd Prize – $75
Competition Address – AMI’s Clarendon Hills Campus, located at 60 55th St. in Clarendon Hills, IL on the corner of 55th St. and Rte 83, inside Christ Lutheran Church. After registration, there are no refunds for cancellation or no-shows, and no competition times will be held before registration and registration fee is received.
NOTE: If registration fee is not received within 1 (one) week of submitting online registration, time slot will be voided.
+ View past competition winners and laureates, click here….